Job Location: Dunsmuir, British Columbia, Canada _____________________________________________________________________
Powered by water... and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond during storms and outages to keep our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We're proud to be ranked as one of B.C.'s Top Employers and one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we build an even cleaner B.C.
* In support of meeting BC Hydro’s Mandatory Reliability Standards (MRS) compliance requirements, the Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Program Office has the mandate of supporting the CIP Senior Manager to lead and manage CIP compliance across BC Hydro. Working closely with the Reliability Standards Assurance team, CIP Governance and Execution Delegates, and Compliance Leads from the Business Units, the CIP Program Office will:
Provide CIP compliance subject matter expertise, program management and coordination support;
Drive consistency on implementation and sustainment of CIP standards; and
Provide a centralized view of CIP compliance performance and risk mitigation opportunities.
* The CIP Program Office is focused on the management of CIP Standards, including but not limited to security practices for cyber asset categorization, personnel and training, electronic and physical security perimeters, change management, incident reporting and response plans, configuration change management, information protection, physical security of transmission stations/Control Centres, communications security between Control Centres, and cyber related supply chain risk management.
* The CIP Practice Lead (Asset Management and Electronic Security Perimeter) is responsible for working with Execution delegates and Compliance leads from across the organization to implement CIP practices, oversee incident investigations, develop and implement corporate-wide CIP mitigation plans, manage continuous improvement initiatives, and support regulatory processes as required.
* The CIP Program Office will have a team of CIP Practice Leads who are each focused on specific CIP practice areas. The CIP Practice Lead (Asset Management and Electronic Security Perimeter) role will have specialist knowledge and will be responsible for the following activities related to CIP-002 (Asset Management) and CIP-005 (Electronic Security Perimeter) standards:
Identification & use of dial-up communications within BES Cyber Assets/Systems
* Lead development, implementation & sustainment of CIP-002 methodology, asset refresh & quality assurance of evidence creation
* Support CIP standards development and assessment by coordinating and consolidating BC Hydro’s participation, voting position and impact of new/changed standards
* Manage sustainment of CIP policies, programs and plans, review business unit Reliability Standard Audit Worksheets (RSAWs) to ensure quality and consistency
* Lead and facilitate enterprise-wide CIP practice committees to maintain consistent practices that mitigate compliance violations
* Assist in the identification, definition, investigation & remediation of CIP compliance issues
* Track cross business unit CIP compliance program issues/gaps and lead enterprise-wide continuous improvement initiatives, including management action plans
* University degree or experience in relevant discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ability to obtain security clearance for a Security Sensitive Position classification
* A minimum of 10 years of relevant information technology, cybersecurity, physical security and/ or regulatory compliance/audit experience in the electric utility industry
* Demonstrated and proven experience, ability and knowledge in the following: NERC CIP standards and programs; security governance, audit, risk and controls (including experience with designing, evaluating and implementing controls based on common security frameworks, such as NERC CIP, COSO, COBIT, ISO, NIST);
* Demonstrated experience in project management and task coordination
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Excellent relationship management, collaboration and interpersonal skills
* Effective presentation skills, including the ability to convey complex technical issues to diverse audiences
* Strong leadership skills and ability to influence cross-functional teams
* Cybersecurity certification (e.g. CISSP, GSEC, GCIA, GCWN, CISA, CISM, CCNA, GPEN) would be considered an asset
* Experience in Industrial Control Systems (ICS) including SCADA and other Operational Technology (OT) used in the Energy sector would be considered an asset
Please note this is a re-bulletin, previous candidates do not need to re-apply.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at BC Hydro. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at Recruitmenthelp@BCHydro.com
BC Hydro has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires employees to have a full series of COVID-19 vaccine and provide proof of vaccination on request. This Policy is currently suspended but may resume at BC Hydro's discretion. While the Policy is suspended, all new employees are required to disclose their vaccination status to BC Hydro.
Flexible work model role definitions
Our four role types identify the degree of flexibility an employee could have to work from home based on the type of work they do. The flexibility for an individual job is up to the manager for each position and the operational requirements. Employees also have the right to work full-time from the office if they prefer. All of our roles require at least some in-person time.
IBEW/Field – No option to work from home
Resident – Works primarily (4+ days per week) in the office.
Hybrid – May be able to work from home up to 3 days per week.